I headed to a special Preview Day today at theyesterday, and can report that’s it’s going to be a good show this year. The first year it was run I felt there were a few too many small companies selling fairly useless gadgets, but whether it’s the economy or not I don’t know, but this year there were very few useless gadgets to be seen. Equally, two years ago everyone was selling docks, and although there were still a variety of accessories, it generally felt a much more balanced show.
If you only get an hour or two to attend, my suggestions for companies to visit include:
- , if only to view their ultra slim OLED TVs, which look very impressive
- Samsung, for having a wide variety of options from TVs, home appliances and the
- 3View, for having a Freeview PVR with a range of additional functions, such as BBC iPlayer
- Revo, for having a decent range of good looking and quality sounding DAB radios
- Viewsonic, for promoting their risk free ViewPad trial (which we covered here)
- Orbitsound, for their range of impressive speakers (both portable and for your TV) using their airSOUND technology
A couple of others companies caught my attention with new gadgets, and I’ll cover those later. I will say that although Samsung had a massive banner running the length of one of the halls advertising all 3 Android Tablets (the Tab, the new 8.9″ and the new 10.1″ tablet), they only seemed to have the originalon their stand.