Garmin have created a download page for their new software, codenamed Bobcat. Although they have not yet formally announced the software, we can provide some details on the functionality….
- Bobcat allows you to transfer waypoints, tracks, and routes between your Mac and Garmin device and manage your data using your Garmin maps.
- Bobcat provides the ability to search for points of interest from the convenience of your Mac and then send the locations to your Garmin GPS.
- Bobcat also serves as a backup tool for your Garmin GPS. You can receive all your waypoints, routes, and tracks from your GPS and Bobcat will save them automatically.
- MapManager copies maps and unlock codes into the right place to be accessible by Bobcat and MapInstall. To migrate the maps from your Windows PC, download MapConverter onto your PC and follow the instructions.
- Download and install MapConverter for Windows to convert your unlocked PC maps for use on your Mac. For more information please read this document. (PDF file- 245KB)
- System Requirements:
Intel-based or PowerPC G3 or later Mac
OS 10.4 or later
512 MB RAM
The software appears to be a Beta version right now, but this bodes well for the future of Garmin’s Mac support plans.
Screenshot courtesy of GPS Review.